Atlanta Falcons v. Los Angeles Rams
Had the Rams not lost 3 consecutive games, this spread would be a whole lot more than 3 points. The Falcons have looked completely lost this year, but the Rams are on a skid that most people did not see coming. Los Angeles added Jalen Ramsey this week via trade, but the defensive side of the ball doesn’t necessarily seem to be the problem with Los Angeles. The prolific offense that we saw in 2018 has not shown up this season so far. Thankfully for the Rams, they get to go up against a Falcon team that is not a good defensive team. If there is an opponent to help get your offense back in rhythm, the Falcons are that team.
- Last Meeting – 2017 Wildcard Game (26-13 Falcons Win)
- The last time the Falcons covered a spread in a Week 7 game was in 2013 against Tampa Bay
- The Rams have lost back-to-back home games for the first time since 2017
Straight up Pick: Los Angeles Rams
Against the Spread: Los Angeles Rams -3
Over/Under: OVER 55
Buffalo Bills v. Miami Dolphins
Buffalo has been a nice little surprise in 2019 so far. Aside from a close loss to the Patriots, the Bills have looked very impressive. The Dolphins have not. They almost pulled off a comeback win last week against the lowly Redskins, but fell a point shy after their 2-point conversion failed. Looking at this game, I am a bit surprised with the 17 point spread. Buffalo is definitely the better team, but they have not shown the ability to pull away from any opponent this year. I think the Bills win, but I think this game is a little closer than a 17 point blowout.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 17 (42-17 Bills Win)
- Buffalo has gone 6-1 at home against Miami over the previous 7 seasons
- Miami has now lost 8 consecutive games, going 1-7 ATS in those games
Straight up Pick: Buffalo Bills
Against the Spread: Miami Dolphins +17
Over/Under: UNDER 41
Cincinnati Bengals v. Jacksonville Jaguars
Jacksonville can finally move on from the Jalen Ramsey drama and get back to focusing on football. The Jaguars traded Ramsey earlier this week and stocked up on some valuable draft picks. However, those draft picks won’t help them win games in 2019. Good thing, they get the struggling Bengals in Week 7 so ease into the rest of the year. Though Jacksonville has not looked very impressive themselves in 2019, their defense is still very tough, and the Bengals offensive line is going to have a tough time dealing with the Jags. This Jacksonville team held the Saints to 13 points last week, so I don’t anticipate the Bengals putting up any more than that. In my opinion, the 4 point spread will easily be covered by the Jags as they cruise to their easiest win of the year so far.
- Last Meeting – 2017 Week 9 (23-7 Jaguars Win)
- Cincinnati has lost 13 out of their previous 14 games overall (8-6 ATS)
- Jacksonville has won 5 out of their last 6 games against AFC North opponents (5-0-1 ATS)
Straight up Pick: Jacksonville Jaguars
Against the Spread: Jacksonville Jaguars -4
Over/Under: UNDER 43.5
Detroit Lions v. Minnesota Vikings
This has to be one of the most intriguing matchups of the week. The Lions are going to be playing mad after losing a heartbreaker against the Pack on Monday Night. The Vikings have finally found some rhythm on offense as they cruised past the Eagles a week ago. As I look at this one, my heart tells me that karma is going to favor the Lions as they bounce back after losing a game that should have been a win. However, I believe there’s a case to be made that the Vikings are the best team in the NFC North. Their defense is for real, and now that their offensive pieces are working well together, they are a dangerous squad.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 16 (27-9 Vikings Win)
- Detroit was outscored 18-51 by Minnesota in their 2 losses to the Vikings in 2018
- Minnesota only has a 10-21-2 record on the Road within the division dating back through 2009
Straight up Pick: Detroit Lions
Against the Spread: Detroit Lions +2
Over/Under: UNDER 44
Green Bay Packers v. Oakland Raiders
This could be a statement game for the Oakland Raiders as they come off of a bye week. Prior to that they beat another NFC North team, Chicago, in London. Nobody expected the Raiders to do that, and now they find themselves at 3-2 and ready to challenge for the AFC West. However, they have to head to Lambeau field and deal with the 5-1 Green Bay Packers. Green Bay has a 5.5 point edge here, and I am leaning toward the Packers in this game. Oakland has been a pretty good story, but Green Bay is just a better team and they’re at home. Packers cover.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 11 (30-20 Packers Win)
- Week 7 games favor the Packers, as they have a 7-1 record in Week 7 games in the past 10 seasons
- Oakland current has a 2 game win streak, they have not won 3 consecutive games since the middle of the 2016 season
Straight up Pick: Green Bay Packers
Against the Spread: Green Bay Packers -5.5
Over/Under: OVER 47
Indianapolis Colts v. Houston Texans
The first real battle for the AFC South begins with this contest. Both Houston and Indianapolis have looked impressive at times, and both teams have beaten the impressive Kansas City Chiefs. Honestly, I am having a hard time finding an edge in this game. The Colts are being given a 1 point advantage here, but the stats really put these teams on an even playing field. My gut tells me that the Texans steal one on the road, but I think I will be avoiding this one with my money this weekend.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Wildcard Game (21-7 Colts Win)
- Indianapolis has won 4 consecutive divisional games, their best streak since they won 16 consecutive from 2012-2015
- Overall, Houston has won 15 out of their previous 20 games
Straight up Pick: Houston Texans
Against the Spread: Houston Texans +1
Over/Under: UNDER 47
New York Giants v. Arizona Cardinals
This is a game which will highlight a couple rookie quarterbacks. Daniel Jones of the Giants got a taste of the Patriots last week and is looking to bounce back from a shaky game in Foxboro. Kyler Murray stole a win against the Falcons as they missed an extra point to lose by 1 to the Cards. Both quarterbacks have been impressive at times, and ugly in other moments. For me, this is another game that could come down to a coin flip. Despite the fact that it is in New York, I feel like the Cardinals offense is starting to turn a page and fire on all cylinders. Though neither team will do anything this postseason, this game is potentially highlighting a couple guys that will could be key league players over the next 10 years or so.
- Last Meeting – 2017 Week 16 (23-0 Cardinals Win)
- Arizona has hit the Under in 5 straight games against NFC East opponents
- New York has lost 4 out of their previous 5 games against NFC West opponents
Straight up Pick: Arizona Cardinals
Against the Spread: Arizona Cardinal +3
Over/Under: UNDER 50.5
Washington Redskins v. San Francisco 49ers
San Francisco has looked impressive this season, especially after their last 2 wins against the Browns and Rams. They are 1 of only 2 teams that remain with a perfect record. They get to face off against one of the worst teams in the league this week, so that record should remain perfect rolling into week 8. The Redskins finally got their first win of the year last week against the Dolphins by 1 point. Considering the fact that the Dolphins look like they are trying to lose games this season, that win doesn’t mean a whole lot. I am predicting the 49er defense to completely shut down the Redskins offense en route to a blowout victory.
- Last Meeting – 2017 Week 6 (26-24 Redskins Win)
- Washington has lost 12 out of their previous 14 games (4-8 ATS)
- San Francisco has won 5 straight games. They have not won 6 straight since the 2013 season.
Straight up Pick: San Francisco 49ers
Against the Spread: San Francisco 49ers -10
Over/Under: OVER 41