Los Angeles Chargers v. Pittsburgh Steelers
Neither team has lived up to their preseason standards. Pittsburgh has the most realistic excuse, as they have been bitten hard by the injury bug. When you lose your franchise quarterback, there is only so much you can do. The Chargers on the other hand, have struggled across the board when they shouldn’t have. In this matchup, the Steelers turn to their third string quarterback in a prime time slot. I think the Chargers get things back on track on Sunday night and come out firing. They should win, and cover the spread.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 13 (33-30 Chargers Win)
- Pittsburgh has lost 4 straight games to AFC West opponents (0-4 ATS)
- Los Angeles is 0-5 against the spread in their past 5 games at home
Straight up Pick: Los Angeles Chargers
Against the Spread: Los Angeles Chargers -7
Over/Under: UNDER 41
Green Bay Packers v. Detroit Lions
I have tried to keep my bias to a minimum so far this season, but when it comes to this game, it’s going to come out. I am a Lions fan and I am drinking the Kool Aid after their last game against the Chiefs. Despite losing, they proved that they are not the same old Lions. I think Detroit can go into Green Bay and get a statement win on Monday Night against the favored Packers.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 17 (31-0 Lions Win)
- Detroit has won 4 consecutive games against Green Bay (4-0 ATS)
- Green Bay already has more success within the NFC North in 2019 than they did all last year. They are 2-0 against divisional opponents in 2019, and went 1-4-1 in 2018
Straight up Pick: Detroit Lions
Against the Spread: Detroit Lions +4
Over/Under: UNDER 47