Tampa Bay Buccaneers v. Carolina Panthers
Our second international game of the year kicks off with the Panthers and Buccaneers clashing in London. Carolina is favored by a couple points, and have won 3 consecutive games after starting the season off 0-2. Tampa Bay fell to the Saints a week ago after upsetting the Rams in Week 4. Both teams have proven to have potent offenses. Carolina also has a defense that can hang with most teams. The Bucs, however, have had a lot of trouble stopping teams on defense. I am giving the Panthers the edge on a Neutral field.
- Last Meeting – 2019 Week 2 (20-14 Buccaneers Win)
- Carolina has only won 3 out of their last 11 divisional games played
- Tampa Bay has lost 4 consecutive Week 6 games, going 0-4 ATS in those games
Straight up Pick: Carolina Panthers
Against the Spread: Carolina Panthers -2.5
Over/Under: UNDER 47.5
Cleveland Browns v. Seattle Seahawks
Cleveland just got embarrassed by the 49ers on Monday Night Football. Seatttle, has been consistent all year and Russell Wilson is playing at an MVP level. I think the Browns have a lot to figure out with this team still, and the Seahawks aren’t going to allow them to do that very easily. Despite the fact that they’re on the road in Week 6, I am leaning heavily in favor of Seattle in this matchup.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 15 (30-13 Seahawks Win)
- Seattle has won 5 straight games against AFC North opponents, going 4-1 ATS in those games
- Cleveland is 1-8 in their past 9 games against NFC West opponents, going 2-7 ATS in those games
Straight up Pick: Seattle Seahawks
Against the Spread: Seattle Seahawks -2
Over/Under: OVER 46
Kansas City Chiefs v. Houston Texans
The Kansas City team that we saw on Sunday Night Football sure wasn’t what we were used to seeing out of them, especially since Patrick Mahomes has been lighting the league on fire. Indianapolis controlled them game all night long and never allowed the Chiefs to find a rhythm. Houston is fresh off a game where they scored more than 50 points. That being said, I don’t think the Chiefs are going to drop 2 games in a row, and they come out strong and finish even stronger.
- Last Meeting – 2017 Week 5 (42-34 Chiefs Win)
- Houston is only 3-10 in their past 13 games as the Road Underdog (7-6 ATS)
- Kansas City has failed to cover the spread at home in 3 consecutive games, and 7 out of the last 9
Straight Up Pick: Kansas City Chiefs
Against the Spread: Kansas City Chiefs -4.5
Over/Under: OVER 55
Miami Dolphins v. Washington Redskins
I honestly don’t think either team wants to, or needs to, win this game. At this point in the season, neither team has a chance to do anything in the postseason, so they are really fighting for draft position. Miami clearly seems to be trying to lose games, and the Redskins are just awful. I still think the Redskins have more talent on their roster, and they will be motivated by the firing of Head Coach Jay Gruden. Washington finds the win column for the first time this year and Miami continues marching on to their 16 loss season.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 1 (17-10 Dolphins Win)
- Washington has lost 8 out of their previous 9 games against AFC East opponents (2-7 ATS)
- Miami has lost 7 consecutive games, going 0-7 ATS in those games
Straight up Pick: Washington Redskins
Against the Spread: Washington Redskins -3
Over/Under: OVER 41.5
Minnesota Vikings v. Philadelphia Eagles
This is one of my favorite matchups of the week. When healthy, Philadelphia is one of the best teams in the league. Minnesota continues to be a dominating force defensively, and they found some rhythm on the offensive side of the ball last week. This game could really go either way, but I feel like the Eagles will put up enough points to sneak by the Vikings as they compete in the NFC East. The drama will continue to build in Minnesota, as they lose sight of the NFC North title after another loss.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 5 (23-21 Vikings Win)
- As the away underdog, Philadelphia has won 3 out of their last 4 games (4-0 ATS)
- Minnesota is 12-2 in their last 14 games in which they were the Home Favorite (9-4-1 ATS)
Straight up Pick: Philadelphia Eagles
Against the Spread: Philadelphia Eagles +3
Over/Under: UNDER 44
Jacksonville Jaguars v. New Orleans Saints
New Orleans has continued to roll with or without Drew Brees taking snaps. They have looked like a serious contender to come out of the NFC this February. Jacksonville will pose a threat as they are a strong defensive team. I don’t think the Jags will have enough firepower on the offensive side of the ball to keep pace with the Saints in this one. New Orleans continues marching on after they take a road game from the Jags here.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 16 (38-27 Saints Win)
- New Orleans has won 8 out of their last 10 road games, going 7-3 ATS
- Jacksonville has lot 7 out of their previous 8 Week 6 games
Straight up Pick: New Orleans Saints
Against the Spread: New Orleans Saints +1
Over/Under: UNDER 44
Baltimore Ravens v. Cincinnati Bengals
Cincinnati is an awful football team. They had a chance to snag their first win of the season last week against the Cardinals, but they couldn’t complete the comeback. Baltimore will be a much more difficult challenge. Despite the fact that the Ravens have struggled in their past 3 games, they should have enough talent and strength to overpower the Bengals and cruise to victory, I just don’t know if they will pull away by more than 11 points….
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 11 (24-21 Ravens Win)
- Cincinnati has covered the spread 3 out of their last 4 games played in Baltimore, despite being the underdog in every one of those games
- Baltimore is 0-6 Against the spread in their past 6 divisional games
Straight up Pick: Baltimore Ravens
Against the Spread: Cincinnati Bengals +11
Over/Under: UNDER 48