Los Angeles Chargers v. Denver Broncos
The Chargers finally have Melvin Gordon at their disposal and this could be a great game to ease Gordon back into the swing of things against a Bronco team that seems to be falling apart. Denver has lost several close games, but their season may already be over after dropping four straight to start the season. To top it off for Denver, they lost Nick Chubb for the season, which is a massive loss for them. Los Angeles should be able to win this game, but the fact that they are divisional foes means that anything could happen. LA needs to take this game so they don’t fall too far behind the Chiefs.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 17 (23-9 Chargers Win)
- Denver has lost 4 straight Road games and 16 out of their last 20
- Los Angeles has been favored in 14 straight home games, going 10-4 in those games (5-9 ATS)
Straight up Pick: Los Angeles Chargers
Against the Spread: Los Angeles Chargers -6.5
Over/Under: UNDER 44.5
Dallas Cowboys v. Green Bay Packers
For me, this is the game of the week in Week 5. I have a lot of questions about both teams, especially after they lost their first game a week ago. Green Bay looked very impressive in their first 3 weeks, especially on the defensive side of the ball. However, they allowed Philly to put 34 points on them last Thursday resulting in their first loss of the year. Dallas has looked very impressive offensively, before being stopped in their tracks as they matched up against the Saints. Both teams will be eager to get back in the win column after their losses last week. I am giving the Cowboys the edge in this game, but only because they are at home, and their record has been phenomenal on their home turf.
- Last Meeting – 2017 Week 5 (35-31 Packers Win)
- Green Bay has lost 9 out of their last 11 Road games, going 3-7-1 against the spread
- Dallas has won 7 consecutive games at home, going 5-2 against the spread
Straight up Pick: Dallas Cowboys
Against the Spread: Dallas Cowboys -3.5
Over/Under: OVER 47