Cincinnati Bengals v. Arizona Cardinals
Both teams have yet to win a game. Barring another tie, one of these teams will come away with their first wins of the season. Aside from Week 1, in which the Bengals kept the game close with the Seahawks, and the Cardinals rallied back to tie the Lions, neither team has had many positives. Both teams have struggled immensely with their offensive lines. The Bengals line was destroyed on Monday Night against the Steelers and gave up 8 sacks. For the Cardinals, Kyler Murray has not been an effective passer because he doesn’t have the blocking time to take shots downfield. One of these teams will outperform the other, it’s just a matter of which team is worse than the other.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 11 (34-31 Cardinals Win)
- In their last 5 Home games, the Bengals have given up an average of 33.4 points per game
- Arizona has lost 6 out of their last 7 Road games, going 4-3 against the spread
Straight up Pick: Arizona Cardinals
Against the Spread: Arizona Cardinals +3
Over/Under: UNDER 47.5
Tennessee Titans v. Buffalo Bills
Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen’s status is still up in the air, as he is still in the concussion protocol after suffering a head injury against the Patriots a week ago. Buffalo suffered their first loss against New England a week ago when they lost by 6 points. Tennessee got back on track last week by getting a statement win against the Falcons. The interesting matchup to watch in this game is the Titan offense against the Bills defense. Buffalo has proven that their defense can be one of the toughest in the league. Tennessee’s offense has been inconsistent all season long. Even if Buffalo can slow down Tennessee, will the Bills have enough firepower on offense to get the W? Especially if Josh Allen is out and the Bills have to rely on Matt Barkley.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 5 (13-12 Bills Win)
- Buffalo is 2-8 in their past 10 games as the Road Underdog (6-4 ATS)
- Tennessee has lost 7 out of their past 8 games played in Week 5
Straight up Pick: Tennessee Titans
Against the Spread: Tennessee Titans -3
Over/Under: UNDER 38.5
Oakland Raiders v. Chicago Bears
This game is the first foreign affair of the season. Oakland and Chicago visit the UK for the NFL’s International series. Chicago’s defense should have a good afternoon against the Oakland offensive unit. Chicago has proven that they can shut down anybody in the league and their defense is dominant in every fashion. Offensively, the Bears are far weaker. They will turn to Chase Daniel at quarterback, as Mitchell Trubisky is out with a shoulder injury. This shouldn’t slow the Bears down too much, as Trubisky has not been very efficient this season anyway. I expect a low scoring affair from both teams, but the Bears should come away with a relatively easy road victory and move to 4-1 on the year.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 4 (22-20 Bears Win)
- In the past 10 games in which Oakland has been the Home Underdog, the Under has hit 8 times
- Chicago has not allowed an opponent to score more than 15 points in a game so far in 2019
Straight up Pick: Chicago Bears
Against the Spread: Chicago Bears -6
Over/Under: UNDER 40.5
New Orleans Saints v. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New Orleans continues to play well despite not having Drew Brees taking snaps. Tampa Bay pulled a shocking upset last week and put up 55 points against the LA Rams. Looking at the matchup between these two teams this weekend I am looking at a couple matchups. The Saints passing game against the Buccaneers secondary, and the Buccaneers running game against the Saints run defense. Tampa Bay has not been able to stop the pass all year long, so the Saints could have a field day and rack up the points, even with Teddy Bridgewater throwing the ball. Tampa Bay has had a fantastic run game all year long, and the Saints proved they can stop the run, when the bottled up Ezekiel Elliot a week ago.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 14 (28-14 Saints Win)
- Despite being Underdogs in almost every matchup, Tampa Bay has beaten New Orleans 1 out of 2 times each year for the past 4 seasons
- Within the division, when favored at home, New Orleans has won 6 out of their past 8 games (6-2 ATS)
Straight up Pick: New Orleans Saints
Against the Spread: New Orleans Saints -3
Over/Under: OVER 46.5
New York Giants v. Minnesota Vikings
Minnesota has relied on their running game all season long, and have ran the ball more than any other team in the league. Their offense was completely shut down, however, a week ago against the Bears. This week, they go up against a defense that is not nearly as intimidating as the Bears, as they face the New York Giants. New York is still riding the hot Daniel Jones who is now 2-0 as the New York signal caller. Jones will have his toughest test so far, as the Viking defense has proved to be very difficult to crack. I anticipate that Daniel Jones will learn a little about adversity as he goes up against this defense. The Vikings should hope to be able to open up their playbook a bit to find some more balance on the offensive side of the ball. Even though the Giants held the Redskins to 3 points a week ago, the Giants defense is not all that impressive, which should give the Vikings some opportunities to mix things up and put some points on the board.
- Last Meeting – 2016 Week 4 (24-10 Vikings Win)
- As the Home Underdog, the Giants are 2-8 in their past 10 games (2-8 ATS)
- Minnesota has only hit the OVER 9 times in their past 30 games
Straight up Pick: Minnesota Vikings
Against the Spread: Minnesota Vikings -6
Over/Under: UNDER 43.5
Philadelphia Eagles v. New York Jets
Philadelphia finds themselves right back in the mix in the NFC East after securing a win over the Packers a week ago. New York comes off their bye week, but will still be relying on 3rd string quarterback Luke Falk. That means that the Jets will be running Le’Veon Bell a lot again and their offense will be one dimensional. The Eagles are heavy favorites in this game, and rightfully so. This could be a great opportunity for Philadelphia to get back above .500 while they get the rest of their lineup healthy for the rest of the season.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 3 (24-17 Eagles Win)
- New York has only won 4 out of their past 20 Road Games
- Philadelphia has won 6 out of their last 7 games against AFC East opponents (6-1 ATS)
Straight up Pick: Philadelphia Eagles
Against the Spread: Philadelphia Eagles -13.5
Over/Under: OVER 44
Pittsburgh Steelers v. Baltimore Ravens
After starting 0-3 and having the rest of the league write them off, the Steelers are right back to playing meaningful football. If they win against the Ravens, and the Browns lose on Monday night, all 3 teams would be tied atop the AFC North at 2-3. Baltimore needs this win just as much as the Steelers do. They have lost 2 straight games, and they are especially upset after dropping one to the Browns last week and drawing even with them in the standings. Though Baltimore has an incredible offensive unit, their defense has not been able to stop many other units. If Mason Rudolph and company can put together another gameplan like they did last week against the Bengals, we might have a really good game on our hands in the AFC North.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 9 (23-16 Steelers Win)
- Baltimore has only been favored to win at Heinz Field twice in the past 10 years (2-0 SU 1-0-1 ATS)
- Pittsburgh has won 4 out of their last 5 games against Baltimore (2-3 ATS)
Straight up Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers
Against the Spread: Pittsburgh Steelers +3.5
Over/Under: UNDER 44.5
Washington Redskins v. New England Patriots
This is another game in which the two teams are heading in drastically different directions. New England has cruised to a 4-0 start, only being challenged by the Bills a week ago. Washington has looked completely dreadful in all of their games. The Redskins have looked extremely poor on the defensive side of the ball, which won’t fare well for them as they matchup against Tom Brady and the extremely potent New England offense.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 9 (27-10 Patriots Win)
- Washington has lost 6 straight games and 10 out of their past 11 overall
- The Patriots have won 9 straight games. In the past decade, their 9 game win streak ranks only 4th as their best streak.
Straight up Pick: New England Patriots
Against the Spread: New England Patriots -16
Over/Under: OVER 42.5
Carolina Panthers v. Jacksonville Jaguars
Both teams started the season off with consecutive losses, yet both teams have bounced back and won their past two games. Jacksonville finds themselves in a tight AFC South race as all 4 teams are sitting at 2-2. Carolina is right back in the mix in the NFC South as well, as they only sit behind the New Orleans Saints who are 3-1. Can Gardner Minshew continue to magic for the Jags, or will the other backup, Kyle Allen, keep the Panthers rolling?
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 1 (20-9 Panthers Win)
- Carolina has won 7 straight games against AFC South opponents (6-1 ATS)
- Jacksonville has lost 5 straight games against NFC South opponents (0-5 ATS)
Straight up Pick: Jacksonville Jaguars
Against the Spread: Jacksonville Jaguars +3.5
Over/Under: UNDER 41
Houston Texans v. Atlanta Falcons
These two teams enter this matchup with plenty of problems that need to be fixed. Atlanta has looked abysmal on both sides of the ball and it has landed them in an extremely tough spot and a 1-3 record. Houston has had slightly better success, but they have not been able to help Deshaun Watson much, as the sacks continue to rack up for the elusive Texans quarterback. On paper, the Texans look like the better team, but the Falcons are reaching desperation mode. If the Falcons can get their talent on the same page and start getting some momentum, they have the ability to be a dangerous team. I don’t think that happens this week, as I think Houston rights their ship before Atlanta does and comes away with the win at home.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 4 (48-21 Falcons Win)
- Atlanta has only won 3 out of their past 11 Road games (2-9 ATS)
- Houston has only won 2 games out of their past 10 in Week 5 (1-9 ATS)
Straight up Pick: Houston Texans
Against the Spread: Houston Texans -5
Over/Under: UNDER 49