Arizona Cardinals v. Carolina Panthers
Carolina has struggled this year, and things don’t look like they are set to improve any time soon. Cam Newton seems to have reaggrevated his foot injury and his status for this weekend’s game is still up in the air. Arizona has yet to find the win column, but they look to be much improved from their abysmal season in 2018. They rallied back to tie the Lions in Week 1, and they were able to stay close to the Ravens a week ago. If Cam can’t play and the Panthers have to rely on Kyle Allen, the Cardinals will have a great opportunity to get their first win of the season, and first career wins for both coach Kliff Kingsbury and quarterback Kyler Murray.
- Last Meeting – 2016 Week 8 (30-20 Panthers Win)
- The Over has hit 10 out of the past 12 games in which the Panthers match up against NFC West opponents
- Arizona is on a 3 game win streak Against the Spread
Straight up Pick: Arizona Cardinals
Against the Spread: Arizona Cardinals +3
Over/Under: OVER 46.5
Tampa Bay Buccaneers v. New York Giants
Daniel Jones has finally gotten his chance to shine in 2019. News broke earlier this week that Jones would be replacing Eli Manning as the starting quarterback this week. New York doesn’t have a whole lot to lose as their season already seems to be heading in the wrong direction. Tampa Bay was able to scratch out a Thursday Night win against the Panthers last week after falling to the 49ers in their opener. I think Tampa Bay has the better team as a whole, but with the Giants making a change at quarterback, we should see a different Giants team than we have so far this year. I give the nod to the Buccaneers at home in this one, but I think the Giants rally to make it a close one.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 11 (38-35 Giants Win)
- As the Road Underdog, the Giants are 6-1 ATS in their past 7 games
- Over the past 10 years, the Buccaneers have a 1-9 record in Week 3 games (2-8 ATS)
Straight up Pick: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Against the Spread: New York Giants +7
Over/Under: OVER 48
Los Angeles Chargers v. Houston Texans
Both teams come into this one hungry for a win. The Texans let one slip away in Week 1 to the Saints, and they held on against the Jags a week ago. The Chargers held on to beat the Colts in their Week 1 matchup, only to drop a gritty on in Detroit to the Lions. Both teams plan on competing for their divisional crown this season, and need to rack up some wins to make sure that happens. Houston will have to hold off both the Colts and the Titans to secure the division, so they may have some breathing room. The Chargers on the other hand, will need to maintain pace with the Chiefs which looks to be a taller task. The urgency of this Week 3 game is very high for both teams. Los Angeles gets home field advantage here, which is enough for me to lean the Chargers way in this matchup.
- Last Meeting – 2016 Week 12 (21-13 Chargers Win)
- Houston is 2-10 in their past 12 games as the Road Underdog (5-7 ATS)
- Los Angeles has lost 4 consecutive Week 3 games (0-4 ATS)
Straight up Pick: Los Angeles Chargers
Against the Spread: Los Angeles Chargers -3
Over/Under: UNDER 47.5
San Francisco 49ers v. Pittsburgh Steelers
The Steelers are reeling hard after losing Ben Roethlisberger for the season. They are in an 0-2 hole and most people are counting them out for the year. San Francisco has gotten off to a hot start and have looked impressive in their 2 early wins. We should have a good understanding of what the Steelers will be able to accomplish early on as Mason Rudolph starts his tenure as the Pittsburgh playcaller. The Steeler offense has been dreadful, and this game will likely follow suit. San Francisco needs to take advantage of a weakened and down Pittsburgh team. If San Francisco plays error-free football they should be able to manage to come away with a victory and cover the 7 point spread.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 2 (43-18 Steelers Win)
- The Steelers have only been Underdogs by 7 or more points 5 times in the past 10 years (1-4 SU, 3-1-1 ATS)
- San Francisco has lost 7 consecutive games in Week 3 (1-6 ATS)
Straight up Pick: San Francisco 49ers
Against the Spread: San Francisco 49ers -7
Over/Under: OVER 44
Seattle Seahawks v. New Orleans Saints
New Orleans is another team that is reeling after devastating injury news hit them. Drew Brees is likely out for the next 6 games and the Saints will have to rely on Teddy Bridgewater to hold serve while Brees is out. They don’t get a free pass, as they start these 6 games on the road in one of the most difficult places to play, Seattle. The Seahawks squeaked out a victory at home in Week 1 against the Bengals, and took advantage of a Steeler team a Week ago who lost their starting quarterback. Given the fact that this one is in Seattle and the Saints are wounded, the Seahawks get the edge in this one.
- Last Meeting – 2016 Week 8 (25-20 Saints Win)
- New Orleans was only a Road Underdog twice in 2018, winning both games and going 2-0 ATS
- This will be the 10th time the Seahawks will play their Week 3 game at home since 2009 (8-1 SU, 8-1 ATS)
Straight up Pick: Seattle Seahawks
Against the Spread: Seattle Seahawks -4.5
Over/Under: OVER 45