Detroit Lions v. Los Angeles Chargers
Both teams come off of week 1 performances in which they let the opposing team come back and force overtime. Los Angeles was able to finish off the Colts, but the Lions fell to a 27 all tie with the Cardinals. Detroit looks to rebound from what felt like a loss in their home opener, while the Chargers look to start the season off with 2 wins.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 1 (33-28 Chargers Win)
- Detroit is 2-8 SU in Week 2 games over the past 10 seasons
- Chargers are 2-6 (SU and ATS) vs. NFC North Opponents over the past 10 seasons
Straight up Pick: Detroit Lions
Against the Spread: Detroit Lions +3
Over/Under: UNDER 47.5
Cincinnati Bengals v. San Francisco 49ers
Cincinnati came extremely close to pulling off a huge upset against the Seahawks on the road in Week 1. San Francisco closed out Tampa Bay by getting 14 defensive points. Cincinnati gets favorite status in this week 2 matchup due to being at home and having a strong performance against Seattle. This matchup should help paint a clearer picture of where these teams will be headed in the 2019 season.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 15 (24-14 Bengals Win)
- Cincinnati is 7-3 SU, and 7-2-1 ATS in Week 2 Games over the past 10 seasons
- San Francisco is 1-4 on the Road vs. AFC North opponents in their last 5 games
Straight up Pick: San Francisco 49ers
Against the Spread: San Francisco 49ers +1.5
Over/Under: UNDER 46
Green Bay Packers v. Minnesota Vikings
Both teams come off of strong defensive performances in week 1. Green Bay stifled Chicago and only allowed 3 points to the Bears. Minnesota shut down the high flying Atlanta offense and allowed only 12 to Matt Ryan and company. Both Aaron Rodgers and Kirk Cousins will have their work cut out for them as they try to break through against the other teams tough defensive squad.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 12 (24-17 Vikings Win)
- Green Bay is 0-3-1 v. Minnesota over the past 2 seasons
- OVER has hit only 2 times in the past 9 games between these 2 teams
Straight up Pick: Minnesota Vikings
Against the Spread: Minnesota Vikings +3
Over/Under: UNDER 43.5
Tennessee Titans v. Indianapolis Colts
Tennessee comes out of week 1 feeling very good, as they dismantled the high-praised Cleveland Browns. Indianapolis’ comeback bid against the Chargers fell just short in overtime. This game will feature two teams looking to compete in the AFC south and chase down Houston for the top spot. The early season divisional game may end up being an important one later on in the year.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 17 (33-17 Colts Win)
- Indianapolis has won 13 out of the past 15 games against Tennessee
- Tennessee has won 9 consecutive games at home when listed as the favorite (5-3-1 ATS)
Straight up Pick: Tennessee Titans
Against the Spread: Tennessee Titans -3
Over/Under: OVER 44
Miami Dolphins v. New England Patriots
The spread on this game continues to grow as New England enters as extremely heavy favorites. Miami was completely destroyed by the Ravens last week and the Patriots made easy work of what should be a good Pittsburgh team. I think New England will easily win this one, but will they rack up enough points to cover the massive spread? Or will we see the Miami Miracle part 2? (doubtful)
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 14 (34-33 Dolphins Win)
- New England is 6-4 in Week 2 over the past 10 seasons, their worst record in any week
- In Games where the Patriots are favored by 15 or more points they are 7-0 SU and 6-1 ATS
Straight up Pick: New England Patriots
Against the Spread: New England Patriots -19.5
Over/Under: UNDER 49
New York Giants v. Buffalo Bills
New York was no match for the Cowboys last week, despite Eli Manning having a pretty decent game. Buffalo looked terrible on offense for the majority of the game, until they orchestrated a come from behind win against the Jets. Buffalo gets a chance to take down another New York team in week 2 as they enter favored by a slim margin.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 4 (24-10 Giants Win)
- Buffalo has lost 4 straight Week 2 games (1-3 ATS)
- The last time the New York Giants have covered the spread in a Week 2 game was in 2011 against the St. Louis Rams
Straight up Pick: Buffalo Bills
Against the Spread: Buffalo Bills -1.5
Over/Under: OVER 44
Pittsburgh Steelers v. Seattle Seahawks
Despite Seattle getting a 1 point win in week 1, both teams will look to rebound from slow starts. Seattle was favored by almost 10 against the Bengals, and they had to come from behind to escape with a victory at home. Pittsburgh looked helpless against New England on Sunday night. The Steelers need to rebound strong if they would like contend this year and not start the season down 0-2. Seattle looks to continue their strong road play in 2019, by getting a statement win at Heinz field.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 12 (39-30 Seahawks Win)
- Seattle has a 4 game ATS winning streak going as the Road Underdog
- Pittsburgh is 3-8 ATS in their past 11 games as a Home Favorite
Straight Up Pick: Seattle Seahawks
Against the Spread: Seattle Seahawks +3.5
Over/Under: OVER 47
Washington Redskins v. Dallas Cowboys
Both teams get back to back divisional games to start the 2019 season off. Washington let Philadelphia come back and beat them after holding a 17 point lead in week 1. Dallas made easy work of the Giants and will look to do the same with the Redskins. This rivalry game isn’t what it used to be, but you never really know what’s going to happen when the Cowboys and Redskins kick off.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 12 (31-23 Cowboys Win)
- Dallas is 5-1 ATS in Week 2 games over the past 6 seasons
- Washington is only 3-6 ATS vs. Dallas in their past 9 meetings
Straight Up Pick: Dallas Cowboys
Against the Spread: Dallas Cowboys -5.5
Over/Under: OVER 46.5
Baltimore Ravens v. Arizona Cardinals
Baltimore looked unstoppable in week 1 and Arizona (for 3 quarters) looked dreadful. Arizona, however, was able to mount a huge comeback against the Lions to escape the loss and settle for a tie. The Ravens will look to continue their offensive dominance against the Cardinals, while Arizona will get a chance to highlight their new spread look on the road for the first time.
- Last Meeting – 2015 Week 7 (26-18 Cardinals Win)
- Arizona is 3-10 as a Road Underdog over the past 2 seasons
- Baltimore is 8-0 SU when favored by 13 or more points, however they have only covered in those games 4 times.
Straight up Pick: Baltimore Ravens
Against the Spread: Arizona Cardinals +13
Over/Under: OVER 46.5
Houston Texans v. Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston fell just short on Monday night to the Saints, but looked impressive. Deshaun Watson played at a high level and hopes to continue what was a great start to 2019. Jacksonville finds themselves reeling after a tough week 1 performance against the Chiefs. The vaunted Jaguar defense gave up 40 points to the reigning league MVP, and they lost their new hope at quarterback with Nick Foles going down with a collarbone injury.
- Last Meeting – 2018 Week 17 (20-3 Texans Win)
- Jacksonville has beaten Houston only 2 times in their past 10 meetings
- Houston games have hit Under 4 straight times when the Texans are the Home Favorite
Straight up Pick: Houston Texans
Against the Spread: Houston Texans -8.5
Over/Under: Under 43.5